- Location: York, PA
- Date Posted: March 16, 2017
Buchart Horn, Inc. is seeking a Construction Technician I to join the staff in our York, PA office. The primary focus of the work would be to serve as the representative of he engineer by performing construction inspection services including closely supervised liaison between the client, the contractor and project manager, insuring the contractor’s work conforms to the project plans and specifications.
- Serve as engineer’s liaison with contractor, working primarily through contractor’s superintendent. Attend pre‑construction conferences and arrange meetings and other conferences as required. Maintain and circulate copies of records of these conferences as necessary. Obtain progress schedule from contractor and distribute to owner and engineer.
- Assist the engineer in obtaining a list of the contractors proposed suppliers and subcontractors. Assist the engineer in obtaining field samples, as necessary.
- Receive, record, and maintain approved shop drawings from the engineer and observe construction for compliance. Transmit interpretation of the contract documents as provided by the engineer. Maintain a set of drawings on which authorized changes are noted and deliver to the engineer at the completion of the project.
- Verify tests required and observe, record, and report to the engineer details relative to the test procedures and start‑ups.
- Consider and evaluate contractor’s suggestions for modifications in drawings or specifications and report them with recommendations to the engineer. May disapprove work or materials as failing to comply with the contract documents, approved shop drawings or samples.
Maintain orderly files of correspondence, reports of job conferences, shop drawings and other submissions and other project related documents.
Maintain a diary of pertinent information such as, but not limited to weather conditions, hours on the job site, testing procedures, details of construction in place, etc.
Review applications for payment with the contractor for compliance with the established procedure and forward them with recommendation to the engineer.
- Conduct a substantial completion inspection with contractor, engineer, and owner, and prepare a list of items to be corrected. Verify that all items on the final list have been corrected.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to 2 years of experience as a Construction Services Trainee or qualified internship program, or two years of progressively responsible and varied experience in construction inspection of workmanship which required reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Safety Training including Work Zone Safety, 10 Hour OSHA Training, and Confined Space Entrant Training
- Professional certifications and/or training for transportation projects:
- Must obtain NICET Level I Certification or equivalent for Asphalt, Concrete and Soils within six months of hire date.
- Must obtain NICET Level I Certification or equivalent in Highway construction within one year of hire date.
- Professional certifications for environmental projects:
- Must obtain NICET Level I Certification or equivalent for Building Construction: Water/Wastewater Plants within six months of hire date.
- Perform quality work within allocated hours with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures.
- Follow workplace safety guidelines and refrain from engaging in unsafe behavior.
- Support new business development activities by reporting leads and prospects and by maintaining a professional manner and personal appearance in the conduct of job activities.
Buchart Horn values its employees by offering ongoing professional development, a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, health and life insurance and more.
Buchart Horn is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com