- Location: York, PA
- Date Posted: April 9, 2018
Buchart Horn, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join the staff in our York, PA office. The primary focus of the work would be in the design, permitting and construction management of water and wastewater projects.
- Prepare engineering drawings and details in compliance with company and industry standards
- Conduct field surveys and substantial completion audits.
- Generate redline record drawings from field survey information.
- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Prepare scalable plans and diagrams.
- Process shop drawings, edit specifications, and create charts and schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of materials and specifications applicable to the design requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings.
- Perform related permitting work as assigned.
- Serve as liaison with contractor, working primarily through contractor’s superintendent.
- Obtain field samples, as necessary.
- Prepare Engineering Options of Cost including research on materials and labor costst
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 7-10 years of Water and/or Wastewater Systems engineering experience
- Knowledge & experience using computer aided design & drafting (AutoCADD, Microstation, Civil 3D, REVIT or BIM) software and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent technical and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Certifications: NAASCO Certification, NECEPT/ACT/Troxler
- Familiarity/facility with Sewer Models ( PCSWMM, SewerGEMS)
- On-Line Services (PADOT ECMS and HOP, PA One Call, PASDA, NPDI)
- GIS (ARCVIEW Flow Monitoring Data Management Software (Vision, Insight, Flowlink)
- Hydrology Software (PSUHM, TR-55)
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Preparation including calculations and BMPs
- Infiltration/ Permeability Testing
- Chapter 94 Planning Module Preparation
- Aquatic Resource/ Soils Assessment
- Basic Drainage Design
Buchart Horn values its employees by offering ongoing professional development, a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, health and life insurance and more.
Buchart Horn is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Interested applicants please send your resume to email@example.com