- Location: York PA, Baltimore MD, Pittsburgh PA, State College PA
- Date Posted: May 7, 2018
Buchart Horn, Inc. is seeking Environmental EIT I’s to join the Buchart Horn team. The primary focus of the work would be assisting in the design, permitting, and construction management of water and wastewater projections, including collection, distribution, storage, and treatment facilities.
- Prepare engineering drawings and details in compliance with company and industry standards.
- Assist Engineer with field surveys and substantial completion audits.
- Generate redline record drawings from field survey information.
- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Prepare scalable plans and diagrams.
- Process shop drawings, edit specifications, and create charts and schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of materials and specifications applicable to the design requirements.
- Assist and/or coordinate the preparation of drawings by Engineering Technician.
- Perform related permitting work as assigned.
- On occasion, serve as engineer’s liaison with contractor, working primarily through contractor’s superintendent.
- Assist the engineer in obtaining field samples, as necessary.
- Prepare Engineering Options of Cost, including research on materials and labor costs.
- Receive, record, and maintain approved shop drawings from the engineer and observe construction for compliance. Transmit interpretation of the contract documents as provided by the engineer.
- Verify tests required and observe, record, and report to the engineer details relative to the test procedures and start-ups.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- EIT Certification
- 3-5+ years of Engineering design experience
- Knowledge and experience using computer aided design and drafting software (AutoCADD, Microstation, Civil 3D, REVIT, or BIM) and Microsoft Office
- Excellent technical and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Certifications: NAASCO Certification, NECEPT/ACT/Troxler
- Familiarity/facility with Sewer Models ( PCSWMM, SewerGEMS)
- On-Line Services (PADOT ECMS and HOP, PA One Call, PASDA, NPDI)
- GIS (ARCVIEW Flow Monitoring Data Management Software (Vision, Insight, Flowlink)
- Hydrology Software (PSUHM, TR-55)
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Preparation including calculations and BMPs
- Infiltration/ Permeability Testing
- Chapter 94 Planning Module Preparation
- Aquatic Resource/ Soils Assessment
- Basic Drainage Design
Buchart Horn values its employees by offering ongoing professional development, a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, health and life insurance, and more.
Buchart Horn is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org