- Location: York, PA
- Date Posted: June 21, 2018
Buchart Horn, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Geologist to join the staff in our York, PA office. This position applies established geologic and/or geological engineering principals to engineering practice to ensure that geologic factors affecting location, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of engineering work are recognized and provides input into adequate provision for those factors. Supports field related activities to gather geological and environmental data.
- Plan and perform subsurface investigation for specific engineering projects and client compliance requirements.
- Prepare plans for basic boring programs, hydrogeologic studies, and foundation investigations.
- Supervise installation of monitoring wells and piezometers. Describe soils and bedrock from borings and outcrops and collect geological and environmental field data for map preparation and reporting.
- Provide input to and participate in preparation of necessary contract drawings and specifications for borings, wells, and related facilities.
- Maintain a knowledge of methodologies, materials, equipment, and specifications applicable to specific design requirements and participate in the creation of sample design or programs and addition of details.
- Utilize automation tools including personal computers, MS Office Products, CADD, and related technology. Maintain current knowledge of technology available and have ability to operate equipment. Learn how to use and maintain company equipment for field related activities.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- BS or BA Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering discipline.
- Be able to perform field related activities including, but not limited to, working in confined spaces under all weather conditions, walking distances of greater than one mile, and lifting/carrying equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Communicate and work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures.
- Follow workplace safety guidelines and refrain from engaging in unsafe behavior.
- Support new business development activities by reporting leads and prospects and by maintaining a professional manner and personal appearance in the conduct of job activities.
Buchart Horn values its employees by offering ongoing professional development, a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, health and life insurance and more.
Buchart Horn is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Interested applicants please send your resume to