BH promotes a culture of social responsibility by making genuine connections in the community and finding ways to contribute. BH employees volunteer 5,000+ hours in the communities where they live, work, and play every year.
Community service can shed light on the individual employee’s capabilities, values, attitudes, and reveal leadership potential and strengths such as initiative, commitment, empathy, time management, and organizational skills. We align staff volunteering throughout the community with our corporate passions and skills.
The values that make a responsive organization to our clients are the same values of caring and empathy that lead to concern for our neighbors and participation in the community. Community service is part of who we are and integral to the culture of our organization.
Listed below are just some of the community agencies BH employees are committed, active volunteers for:
- Adopt a Highway
- American Heart Association
- Boy Scouts of America
- Clearwater Conservancy
- Committee for Smart New Jersey
- Disabled American Veterans
- Exchange Clubs of America
- Freed Hardeman University Advisory Board
- Habitat for Humanity
- Junior League of York
- Knights of Columbus
- Leadership York
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Lions Club
- Little League
- The Pennsylvania State University – College of Engineering Advisory Board for Engineering Diversity
- The Pennsylvania State University – Harrisburg Campus Technical Advisory Board
- Preservation Pittsburgh
- Rotary Club
- Toys for Tots
- United Way
- University of Pittsburgh, Institute of Politics, Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- Our employees volunteer their time with county conservation and planning commissions and are also active within school districts and religious organizations in their communities.